1.7K views 3 comments

While browsing the AARP web site, I came across an advertisement for LifeCell.It offered a free sample of their product for shipping and handling of around $5.00.

I used my credit card to order the free sample and within two minutes I received a call from my credit card company fraud alert department that my credit card had just been charged $4.99 shipping by LifeCell and one minute later my card was charged $189.00 by LifeCell again. I authorized the shipping fee, declined the $189.00 fee and at the advice of my credit card company canceled my card for a new one. It's sad that this company is allowed to prey on seniors who would need an attorney to read the fine print in their preamble of rules and fine print that allows LifeCell to charge their credit card $189.00 each month.

Sounds like a scam to me.I alerted AARP that they should screen their advertisers for scams and sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lifecell Free Trial
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lifecell?

Comments

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1322327

The website says it costs $4.25 and they charge some $20 and thats not enough.This charge may show up as a pending transaction of $189.00 USD on your account, this is NOT a charge.

The temporary authorization will typically fall off your account within 3-5 business days (5-21 business days for international financial institutions).

Buyers BEWARE.This is a total rip off and a huge fraud.

Sally
#1311994

Do you have a screenshot where it said free trial? Or a link? Specifically the word FREE.

This very thing just happened to me now. I should have read more reviews before making the move. So sad.