2.1K views

While browsing the AARP web site, I came across an advertisement for LifeCell.It offered a free sample of their product for shipping and handling of around $5.00.

I used my credit card to order the free sample and within two minutes I received a call from my credit card company fraud alert department that my credit card had just been charged $4.99 shipping by LifeCell and one minute later my card was charged $189.00 by LifeCell again. I authorized the shipping fee, declined the $189.00 fee and at the advice of my credit card company canceled my card for a new one. It's sad that this company is allowed to prey on seniors who would need an attorney to read the fine print in their preamble of rules and fine print that allows LifeCell to charge their credit card $189.00 each month.

Sounds like a scam to me.I alerted AARP that they should screen their advertisers for scams and sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission.

Review about: Lifecell Free Trial.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Lifecell?

Comments

user87437107

I use a pre paid credit card.If you get GO BANK at wal mart it gives you a choice to do a thing called stash and unstash.More less you keep your money in stash and only unstash what you need.Well i took out $4.25 and when i tried the first time it got declined cause it tried to charge me $189.Then went to another site it charged $4.25 but i got nothing.DONT USE YOURBANK CARD OR CREDIT CARD GO GET THUS CARD AND JT COSTS NOTHING TO REFILL IT AT WAL MART AND SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS GRIEF.TRUST ME AND YOU CAN ALWAYS PUT IT BACK INTO THE STASH ALSO.LIKE SAVING MONEY.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1322327

The website says it costs $4.25 and they charge some $20 and thats not enough.This charge may show up as a pending transaction of $189.00 USD on your account, this is NOT a charge.

The temporary authorization will typically fall off your account within 3-5 business days (5-21 business days for international financial institutions).

Buyers BEWARE.This is a total rip off and a huge fraud.

#1311994

Do you have a screenshot where it said free trial? Or a link? Specifically the word FREE.

This very thing just happened to me now. I should have read more reviews before making the move. So sad.